Disclaimer: Relax, Paramount.  I'm just taking them for a ride, they'll be back safe and sound before you know it.

Summary: Inspired by the 'Busted' stories flying around JetC21 (and 20) at the moment.

Busted!

By LauraJo, April 2000
E-mail: laura@laurajo.net

"B'Elanna, would you just come over here and sit down already."

B'Elanna Torres was pacing up and down Tom's quarters in a state of extreme agitation, muttering obscenities under her breath.

"B'Elanna, please!"

"Tom, what is he up to? He knows I want to talk to him, he told me to see him in his quarters tonight but he's still not there.  Three hours now, he's been with her for three hours! And he says they're just friends..."

"I'm assuming you're still talking about Chakotay and the Captain."

"Of course I'm still talking about Chakotay, who else did you think I want to talk to about this? It's important, Tom, really important."

Tom approached B'Elanna from behind and slid his arms slowly around her waist so that she had to stop her pacing and rest in his arms.

"I know that it's important, Be. Why don't we go and lie down, get the computer to let us know when he enters his quarters rather than enquiring about his whereabouts every ten minutes. That way both of us might actually get some rest."

"Okay Tom, you're right.  Thank you."

B'Elanna brushed a kiss across Tom's lips then gently pulled him towards his bed where they curled up together, content just to lie in each other's arms. Before long they both drifted off to sleep.

* * *

"Computer, time."

*The time is 0930 hours.*

"Shit. Tom, we've overslept!"

"How's that possible? We always set the wake-up call, even if we do sometimes ignore it.  There was no wake-up call."

"Do you realise what you just said, Tom?  There was no wake-up call..."

"That means...quick, let's get to the briefing. This could be interesting."

* * *

Tom and B'Elanna breezed through the doors of the briefing room in a manner completely defying the lateness of their arrival. Nevertheless, Tom did offer a small apology for their tardiness.

"Sorry we're late, we overslept."

Captain Janeway took on an air of resignation with her reply. "Tom, B'Elanna, how many times have we been through this?  You know that I'm happy for you, I have nothing against your relationship but could you please keep your...nocturnal activities to a level that won't affect your work."

Tom couldn't believe the opening he'd just been handed, it may as well have been presented on a silver platter. "You're right, I suspect it was 'nocturnal activities' that made us late this morning, but not ours."

"Mr Paris, would you care to explain that comment?"

Despite Janeway's request, it was B'Elanna that spoke up. "Chakotay, you knew I wanted to speak to you last night."

Although he had a feeling he was going to regret it, Chakotay tried to look unaffected as he asked the necessary question "What does that have to do with your being late?"

"Let's just say that I asked the computer to inform me as soon as you returned to your quarters, and then we must have fallen asleep. The next thing either Tom or I knew it was 0930, and we were late for this meeting which I can only assume started at 0915 as scheduled. The computer didn't disturb us all night."

All eyes turned towards the captain and commander as Janeway's skin gradually grew a darker shade of pink, and Tom's voice perforated the silence.

"It appears Captain, Commander, as though you've been busted."

THE END

Sign My Guestbook...

Back to Cider and Roast!

To receive notification when I post a
new story, enter your email address
below, then click the 'Join' button:
topica
 Join Lunar Lounge! 
       

Image3.gif (1990 bytes)