Disclaimer: I don't own the characters or the songs.  Pity...

Summary: A collection of drabbles inspired by and starting with a single line from a song. I will warn you, most of these didn't turn out as I intended them to. Even if the song could have been used to write a positive J/C slant, they didn't really come out that way. If you want a full copy of the words to any of these songs, just e-mail me.

Song Drabbles

By LauraJo, September 1999
E-Mail: laura@laurajo.net

=/\=

Better Off Alone - Alice Deejay

Do you think you're better off alone? It sure seems that way, always has. Maybe you're right. And maybe I'm a Vulcan fire-moth. Of course you're not better off alone, no-one is.

The stupid thing is that you can see that in other people. You wouldn't hesitate to intervene should you see any member of your crew consistently eating alone, working too much, staying away from group programs on the holodeck. Need I say more?

But of course, you're the Captain, you need to maintain your 'command distance'. If that's what you want, I can't push you anymore. I won't.

=/\=

When You Say Nothing At All - Ronan Keeting

You say it best when you say nothing at all. I can see everything you want to say but won't let yourself every time you look at me - it's there in your eyes. I understand your apprehension, I feel it myself, but sometimes I think I see fear. That I can't explain. What do you have to be afraid of, Kathryn?

Maybe one day you'll be able to speak out loud what your eyes are already shouting. But then, maybe for now I don't need you to. As I said, you say it best when you say nothing at all.

 =/\=

I Want To Be Free (To Be With Him) - Scarlet

I want to be free to be with him. Everyone thinks I don't care, that I don't love him, but they couldn't be more wrong. I love him so much it hurts, because I know that as long as we're out here and Voyager's alone nothing can ever happen between us. I'm just too bound up in Starfleet protocol to toss it out the window. I can't help it, I was brought up that way.

Today I promise myself we'll get home for a new reason. Only then can I tell him how I feel, can I be with him.

 =/\=

Beautiful Stranger - Madonna

I fell in love with a beautiful stranger. It's both as simple and as complicated as that. Sometimes it's so easy to believe that I know her better than anyone else in the universe. Most of the time I just think that I've been kidding myself. What has she ever done to prove that I really know anything about her, about who she really is? The answer is easy - absolutely nothing. Why should I believe that I can see through her mask any better than the rest of them?

So if I don't know her, how can I love her?

=/\=

Sign My Guestbook...

Back to Cider and Roast!

To receive notification when I post a
new story, enter your email address
below, then click the 'Join' button:
topica
 Join Lunar Lounge! 
       

Image3.gif (1990 bytes)