Disclaimer: Imagine it without the names and I've done nothing wrong, right?!

Summary: A Koffee Klub challenge story, Chakotay's POV; and that's all I'm going to say.

Actual label on Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom of box): "Do not turn upside down."

Terrible Tiramisu

By LauraJo, November 2000
E-mail: laura@laurajo.net

Dinner was over, the plates and bowls were scraped clean and Kathryn and I were stuffed. All was silent until the sound of Kathryn's laughter pierced my thoughts.

"What? What is it?" I asked her.

"Nothing."

"Kathryn..."

"It's the packet on the dessert. I replicated it exactly as it would have been in the 21st Century, and you should have seen it..."

"Seen what?"

"It had a warning not to turn it upside down."

"Seems sensible enough."

"Chakotay, the warning was on the *bottom* of the packet!!" Kathryn barely finished her sentence before she peeled off into helpless laughter. I have to admit, I could see the absurdity in the label, but I couldn't in any way see why it had gotten Kathryn into quite such a state. It was funny, yes. Enough to make a starship captain roll around in fits of hysteria? Hardly.

Deciding desperate measures were needed to snap her out of it I did the first thing that came to mind – hauling Kathryn out of the chair, I started to carry her across the room and unceremoniously dumped her on her bed.

She wasn't there five seconds before sprinting in the general direction of her bathroom.

It seems that turning a tiramisu dessert upside down is never a good idea – whether it is still in the packet or not.

THE END

Sign My Guestbook...

Back to Cider and Roast!

To receive notification when I post a
new story, enter your email address
below, then click the 'Join' button:
topica
 Join Lunar Lounge! 
       

Image3.gif (1990 bytes)